Free thoughts on language learning

Discussions on learning Spanish, English and other language issues. Occasionally, we may stray from language learning topics if there is something that catches my interest.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

French Dialogue from Parlo's French 1 course

Click on this link for a sample. Interactive French 1 Course. Things get interesting between these two pretty quickly. Can you guess how it will end up?

(Listen to this audio file while looking at the script in French. You can Show/Hide the English translation to check your understanding)

Estelle Legout Bonjour, la place est libre ?
Hello, the seat is free?

Didier Beauregard Oui, je vous en prie.
Yes, go ahead.

Estelle Merci, c'est très gentil . Le train est vraiment complet .
Thank you, that's very kind. The train is really full.

Didier Je me présente. Didier Beauregard. J'habite à Paris.
I'll introduce myself. Didier Beauregard. I live in Paris.

Estelle Enchantée. Je suis Estelle Legout.
Pleased to meet you. I'm Estelle Legout.

Didier Parisienne?
Parisian?

Estelle Je suis de Bordeaux, mais je travaille à Paris.
I'm from Bordeaux, but I work in Paris.

Didier Vous êtes en vacances, je suppose?
You're on vacation, I suppose?

Estelle Non, je travaille. Je suis journaliste de mode. Et vous?
Non, I'm working. I'm a fashion journalist. And you?

Didier Journaliste sportif.
Sports journalist.

Estelle Ah, un reportage sur le Tour de France...
Oh, a report on the Tour de France...

Didier Exactement. Et vous?
Exactly. And you?

Estelle Des photos et une interview de Raymond Laflèche.
Photos and an interview with Raymond Laflèche.

Didier Tiens, je dîne avec Raymond ce soir.
Hey, I'm having dinner with Raymond this evening.

Estelle Et moi, j'ai rendez-vous avec Raymond mercredi.
And me, I have an appointment with Raymond Wednesday.

Didier Vous êtes très compétitive… Madame ou Mademoiselle Legout?
You're very competitive... Mrs. or Miss Legout?

Estelle Mademoiselle. Mais je préfère Estelle. Quelle heure est-il?
Miss. But I prefer Estelle. What time is it?

Didier Il est trois heures et nous sommes à Nice!
It's three o'clock and we are in Nice!

Estelle J'adore la ville , l'ambiance, la plage .
I love the city, the atmosphere, the beach.

Didier Vous êtes à l'hôtel?
You're at the hotel?

Estelle Pardon, voilà un taxi! Taxi! Taxi! Hôtel Prestige, s'il vous plaît!
Excuse me, there's a taxi! Taxi! Taxi! Prestige Hotel, please!

Didier Moi aussi, je suis au Prestige!
I'm at the Prestige, too!

Estelle Désolée, Monsieur "beau regard", mais le taxi est pour moi. Au revoir!
Sorry, Mr. "handsome face", but the taxi is for me. Good bye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home